Happy 1-Year Anniversary to Burst Marketing + Smith & Jones
To commemorate the 1-year anniversary of our affair with Smith & Jones, we compiled this list of the top 10 things we’ve learned about each other since we shacked up and melded office cultures. Our teams are so similar that we have mixed in quite seamlessly to form one big, happy team of crazy creatives. Below is a behind-the-scenes look at a day in the office at 297 River Street.
1. You don’t want to be in the kitchen when someone realizes there’s no more Dark Magic K-Cups left.
2. We love to celebrate our wins, our great work and all holidays.
3. Everyone’s familiar with that sinking feeling in your stomach when Mark Shipley hands you back your “final” white paper covered in red marks.
4. There’s no greater joy than when you discover food left over from a client meeting or treats from a media rep in the kitchen.
5. A certain copywriter and designer have developed quite the bromance.
6. Downtown Troy provides tremendous opportunity for people watching — and Dave Vener always alerts us to unusual activity at the bus stop.
7. There’s nothing more depressing than when it hits 12:30 PM on Summer Fridays and everyone starts leaving, but you’re on deadline.
8. We take our weekly lunch traditions very seriously.
9. People get very territorial over the conference rooms. Running over your booked time is not an option.
10. We learned the hard way that production is the gatekeeper of the creative team.